Monday, July 19, 2010

Find A Grave - I Love you!



Find a Grave is a web community of genealogists and lovers of cemeteries. It is filled with cemetery records and photos that have been submitted by the site's members. I've created memorials to some ancestors, and I've also become a volunteer, traveling to local cemeteries and taking photos of graves from requests that come through the Find A Grave website.
Since there are millions of graves saved on the site, I thought my chances would be pretty good that I would find some family graves. And boy have I! My favorite so far is the graves of my great-grandfather Earl Hyde, and my great-grandmother Nellie F. Hyde. Earl's grave was already posted on the site, and Nellie's appeared after I put in a photo request for her grave.
So, I now know where they are buried (Marietta, OH), and I can't wait to visit some day!

No comments: