Friday, July 17, 2015

Turning a New Leaf

The last time I posted was 2014, and I said I was going to post daily. HA HA HA HA !!! As you can see, that didn't happen. So, I'm going to try again. I've been working on my trees, have made new discoveries, and have even started a new tree. I think the best way to log my progress is to post on this blog. So, lets give it another try! I'm in work right now, so I have to make it short. The new blog is named "Hyde Genealogy - Descendants of William Hyde", and it is based on the Hyde Genealogy book written by Reuben Hyde Walworth in 1864. I'm already up to 1154 people on the tree, and I haven't made a dent in the book. This is a long term project. More new news, is that I've discovered that Robert Abell, my 9th great-grandfather, is a gateway ancestor, leading back to the royal Plantagenet line. This royal line includes Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitane, played by Peter O'Toole and Katharine Hepburn in the amazing film, The Lion In Winter. Pretty exciting!! More on that in the near future...meanwhile, it's good to be back!

No comments: